Tragedy as power generator fumes kill couple in Benin


Tragedy struck in the early hours to Monday in Benin City, as a couple Imafidon Ototie and his wife were found dead in an apartment in Ototie Street, Behind Ekae Primary School, Sapele Road in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area.

Amenze Obarisiagbon reports that the deceased may have died after inhaling fume from the power generator kept on the corridor beside their room.

Daughter of the deceased wailing over the sudden death of her father and Step-Mother.

According to eyewitness the eldest son of the deceased, who noticed that his father, stepmother and younger brother have not woken up from sleep, with the door of their room still locked called for help. They said when neighbors forced the door open, the couple were found dead, while one of his sons survived.

Some relatives and residents who said the dead couple switched on the power generator before going to bed, advised Benin City residents to desist from using power generator indoors as exhaust fumes are dangerous.

At the time of this report, the survivor is receiving treatment in a nearby hospital.

Previous Post

North Korea Reportedly Prepares for Another Nuclear Weapon Test

South Korea has detected signs that the North is preparing another missile launch, the defence ministry said Monday, adding it could involve ... Read more

Next Post

McDonald's Workers In UK Breaks Record By Going On Strike

Donald's workers are staging their first UK strike since the US burger chain opened in Britain over forty years ago, amid a ... Read more

You may also like...

Leave a Reply